fredag den 20. august 2010

virtuosity of carpenters

without loving what you do it would be impossible to
produce this masterpiece.
one of the jewels I have ever seen in my numerous travels around the world is in kizhi island in karelia, russia.



















this church of the transfiguration built in 1714 demonstrates the masterwork of periods carpenters, who were able to construct these very complex shapes and amazingly harmonious curves of twenty two
onion shaped domes clad in aspen wood tiles without even using a single nail.







this island is an example of a civilization based on wood and the wood came from far away.

this is why I argue that you can not achieve a work like this without love , love of what you
do ......









a great place to visit.

2 kommentarer:

  1. Oh my g. These are incredible. I'm currently working on tiling a pattern on a sphere shape for a project. These are very inspiring.

    SvarSlet
  2. thanks for your comments,I have more if you are interested.

    SvarSlet